Friday 11 May 2012

April 4, 2012

Canadian Education Fair A Success - What a great day, no earthquakes, typhoons or other weather related disasters, just a beautiful sunny spring day.  The education fair was busy from opening to closing.  We spoke with so many people that I thin my tongue might've swollen...actually towards the end of seven straight hours of talking, our interpreter, Takako, looked at me and said, I know what to say just let me do it!

At about 1:30 this afternoon I looked up and standing there in the crowd was Akira's mother, Keiko Suga.  What a treat!  She decided that she would take the train from Utsunomiya and see us in Tokyo.  When she saw how busy we were, she stepped right in and helped answer people's questions.  What a blessing!

Tomorrow Alynne and I head for Utsunomiya.

Did I mention that we were treated to a lovely surprise yesterday?  The Canadian Ambassador to Japan, Jonathan Fried, invited all of the participants to a luncheon at his residence.  She-she-fa-fa and oishi!  Alynne and I had a chance to meet him, it was an honour.

No comments:

Post a Comment